Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Did San Francisco Repeal All Taxes?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Did San Francisco Repeal All Taxes? (Read 861 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Did San Francisco Repeal All Taxes?
Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Last week, some posters on here assured me that if a government were not given the power to tax, the result would be people living on the sidewalk and pooping where they please, with productive people being unable to do anything about it.

Google "San Francisco sidewalks" and you will see that exactly that situation is now real in that city.  I know the city cannot repeal state and federal taxes, but did they end all municipal taxes and now cannot enforce public nuisance laws?

Please give me details on how the City of San Francisco repealed all its taxes. 

Thanks.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: Did San Francisco Repeal All Taxes?
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:13am:
Last week, some posters on here assured me that if a government were not given the power to tax, the result would be people living on the sidewalk and pooping where they please, with productive people being unable to do anything about it.

Google "San Francisco sidewalks" and you will see that exactly that situation is now real in that city.  I know the city cannot repeal state and federal taxes, but did they end all municipal taxes and now cannot enforce public nuisance laws?

Thanks.

That's a Jeff post, bro.

Last we heard from you, you said Trump defending the troops was WWIII. WRONG!

Maybe you should do some esplaining and figurin about what you're getting wrong before you go on with your stupid crap.  In fact you were SO wrong, the Mullah's are under a lot of pressure from the people.

So where did you go so wrong?  What insights do you have to the total boner you just pulled?  Trump just pwned you, Jeff and the Chief who all initially reacted hysterically to his defending the troops from terrorists.

At least Chief manned up to that he was wrong.  Of course troll and Jeff didn't.  They don't have a single nut between them

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:43am
Print Post  

Thanks.

BTW, the fallacy you committed in this post is the affirming the consequent fallacy.

If you don't know the definition of the affirming the consequent theory, just ask Jeff and he'll make one up for you

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 10:57am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:31am:
That's a Jeff post, bro.

Last we heard from you, you said Trump defending the troops was WWIII. WRONG!

Trump handled the missile attack on an Iraqi airfield, that houses American troops, by the gang that couldn't shoot straight very well.  That does not change the fact, that American troops have no business being housed in an Iraqi airfield.

Quote:
Maybe you should do some esplaining and figurin about what you're getting wrong before you go on with your stupid crap.  In fact you were SO wrong, the Mullah's are under a lot of pressure from the people.

Yes, I'm sure that Ian Paul McLaughlin and Miguel Angel Villalon are grateful that Trump has the Mullah's under so much pressure that our troops are now safe.  What a great job of defending them!  I'm sure they would both vote for him in November if they had absentee ballots for soldiers in Arlington Field. 

Quote:
So where did you go so wrong?  What insights do you have to the total boner you just pulled?  Trump just pwned you, Jeff and the Chief who all initially reacted hysterically to his defending the troops from terrorists.

At least Chief manned up to that he was wrong.  Of course troll and Jeff didn't.  They don't have a single nut between them

It was hysterical to say the troops should come back home instead of having the so-called "grown ups" that we elect play a decades long game of "you can't make me?"

« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2020 at 12:42pm by Little Big Man »  

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 11:11am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:43am:
BTW, the fallacy you committed in this post is the affirming the consequent fallacy.

If you don't know the definition of the affirming the consequent theory, just ask Jeff and he'll make one up for you

That is a great idea.  One of my New Year's resolutions is not to get sidetracked from a real debate by posters making up definitions.  From now on, I'll just accept their definition.  Like when you say that "consent" is only a noun and not a verb. 

So, Jeff . . . what is your definition of whatever Kaz is talking about?  The text box I'm typing into is too small for me to read what Kaz said without scrolling up and I don't want to bother.  Kaz and I both agree to accept whatever definition you make up. 

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Industry

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 12:59pm
Print Post  

Thanks.

Necessary does not equal sufficient you fail at logic.

Oh you said if I threw bread birds would come and there's birds so I must have thrown bread ROFL.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 11:11am:
So, Jeff . . . what is your definition of whatever Kaz is talking about?
If I knew what you wanted me to define, I'd probably check with Webster's Dictionary first, and then kaz would say I was wrong, and just making up my own definition... Why should I bother?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
I know the city cannot repeal state and federal taxes, but did they end all municipal taxes and now cannot enforce public nuisance laws?
What they did was decide that people have a right to shit on the sidewalks, and that such a right trumps public nuisance laws.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 12:59pm:
Necessary does not equal sufficient you fail at logic.

I think you mean sufficient does not equal necessary.

Quote:
Oh you said if I threw bread birds would come and there's birds so I must have thrown bread ROFL.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No.

I said that we should stop throwing bread (at the government). 

You said that if we don't throw bread (at government), (freeloading) birds will appear.

I said, WTFAYTA?  We're surrounded by (freeloading) birds and throwing the bread (at government) is a direct cause.

In other words, every single one of the arguments which consist of predicting dire events if we do not have taxes are actually events which are happening now under our system of taxation.

Every.

Single.

One.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Industry

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 4:16pm:
In other words, every single one of the arguments which consist of predicting dire events if we do not have taxes are actually events which are happening now under our system of taxation.

Every.

Single.

One.

That does not show their predictions are wrong tho.

Probably both extremes would cause that.

What would happen to those bums if you just suddenly said no taxes you know there ain't jobs for them and maybe the economy takes off but there is no way jobs for that many.

So OK what do they do they starve nope they are enough to be an army they will loot CA dead.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Did San Francisco Repeal All Taxes?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy